Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My USPS Day

Yes, you read it right!  Today is my USPS day.  I had been busy with crochet for the past weeks and it was time to mail them today.   I always enjoy receiving mail, well, except for the junk mail.  Anyway, we ordered several boxes from the USPS website a fews ago and it was delivered right to our doorstep - for free. 

I mailed 1 each of a flat rate small envelope and box today - US$ 4.90/box which is ok.  Then, i bought 20 Christmas stamps at US$ 0.44 each.  I like the stamps in the US because it has a sticky back, in contrast to my homeland where it's a "licky" back, haha.  Nevertheless, i enjoy sending and receiving snail mail.


Two and a half months ago, i sent my sister a photobook through USPS however, the address was lacking so it didnt reach her.  I called the USPS but since the package had no tracking number, they had no way of knowing where it was.  So, it was a waiting game.  I hoped for the best - that the package would get back to me instead of being opened by someone else.   After the long wait, the package finally came back to me today.  Oh, such a relief to see my slightly battered package travel to Hongkong and back. 

There you have it... here's to more happy mail!  ☺♥☺



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by ☺♥☺