Saturday, January 8, 2011

Comfort drink [Oberweis chocolate milk]

I have fond memories of Magnolia bottled fresh milk delivered right to our doorstep in Manila.  It was more expensive than the ordinary milk sold at the grocery and it was such a treat when my parents bought us a bottle or two - I remember gulping the half-a-liter bottle in one sitting.  I particularly loved the chocolate milk... and the melon milk (yup, they make milk with that flavor in Manila).

Today, my husband introduced me to something in the grocery when we got to the dairy section.  He was like saying:  "Wife, meet Oberweis"  so I gladly took it out of the chiller and into our little cart.  Later, when we got home and I was kinda upset about something, he gave me a glass of this unassuming chocolate milk.  While I was ranting and venting, I unconsciously took a sip and as the rich, silky, creamy, delicious, chocolatey milk caressed my taste buds, I suddenly had nothing but warm, fuzzy, happy happy happy thoughts!
Oberweis Dairy
Chocolate Milk
It was absolutley "SImply the Best!"

Now, I can't wait to be introduced to it's higher form of evolution: Oberweis chocolate ice cream.  More on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ☺♥☺