Friday, January 28, 2011

Reflections on Ms. Lea Salonga

I have always loved watching Broadway musicals and shows.  When I was in High School, we had several productions such as "The Music Man", "The King and I", "South Pacific", etc.  Of all that I have seen, the most memorable was watching Ms. Lea Salonga in "Miss Saigon."  There is something about seeing a fellow Filipino perform amidst an International audience.  It brings tears to my ears and shivers to my bones when I hear their resounding applause and appreciation. 

My family and I have been fans of Ms. Lea Salonga.  We watched her concerts at the PICC and were always awed by the clarity and strength of her voice.  Whether she is singing as Princess Jasmine, Mulan, Cinderella or as Ms. Lea doing a duet with Ms. Ai-Ai de las Alas, she is awesome!

One week ago, hubby and I celebrated our 2nd year wedding anniversary in Chicago.  We watched "Wicked" at the Cadillac Palace and enjoyed the show very much.   We browsed through the Playbill and were elated to see an ad for Lea's concert on March 19 at The Venue, Hammond Indiana.  It made us proud to be Filipinos and Lea Salonga fans at that.  I am set to go back to Manila a week before her concert so I regret having to miss it.  See you again soon.

May you continue to sing beautiful music, Lea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ☺♥☺