Wednesday, February 2, 2011

On Angel Wings [2011 Chicago Blizzard]

Coming from a tropical country where the sun causes drought and the rain brings about floods, I have always been excited to see and feel snow.  It's a longing that stems from watching foreign films with winter scenes - have snowball fights, sledding, skiing, snowboarding, creating a cute big round snowman and ahh.... snow angels.

My not-so-perfect snow angel

It's my first winter in Chicago and I thank God that I'm freezing breezing through it relatively well.  Yeah, it may be cold and slippery outdoors but I've managed to stay warm.  Thanks to my well-experienced-in-winter husband, in-laws and friends, I got a lot of good advice.

My experience the past 2 days is another first for me:  my first blizzard/snowstorm.  It was very windy with snow being blown here and there.  My in-laws were discharged early from work and traffic was slow along the major highways with speed at only 20 mph.

The news said it all:  check out the reports from major news networks like CNN, ABC, Fox, etc.  ABC news Chicago reports that this snowstorm ranks 3rd in Chicago history, with more than 19inches of snow in O'hare closing major roadways, public schools and airports.  The worst blizzard was in 1967 when they had 23 inches of snow. 
We are grateful that we are all safe.  

After a day of snowstorm, the winds died down and the sun began to shine.  Geared with our snowpants and winter gear, we braved the snow and had fun.  
Welcome to Winter Wonderland!

Hubby Boris & Charlie


Knee high snow

Come sit on the bench with me

After the snowfall comes the bitter cold temperature.  That would be another story.
Have a fun-filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ☺♥☺