Friday, August 12, 2011

Pinoy Movies

I enjoy watching movies, even Asian action or epic movies whose language I do not understand.  
I think I have grown accustomed to reading subtitles especially after being hooked to watching Korean dramas like probably some of you are.

Recently, a friend of mine lent me 3 original dvd's of Filipino movies: 
"Ang Tanging Ina Mo part 3" starring Ai-ai de las Alas and many others, is a comedy film of the adventures of a mother with 12 children.  I haven't seen the first 2 but they say those were big hits.  

"In Your Eyes" starring Claudine Baretto, Anne Curtis and Richard Gutierrez.  From the dvd's cover, you would surmise that it would be heavy drama.  It was a story of 2 sisters whose relationship were tried and tested when they both fell in love with one man. 

And finally, "Catch me I'm in love", a comedy love story starring Sarah Gernimo and Gerald Anderson.  I was able to watch it with my husband and brother in law.  We are all Filipinos but since they grew up in the USA and were more fluent in the Ilonggo dialect than Tagalog, they couldn't catch up with most of the dialogues.  So, they turned the subtitles on. 

It was amusing to hear the dialogue in Tagalog and read the subtitles in English.  I would have to give credit to the translators for the accurate translation, grammar, composition and spelling. 
There were a lot of bursts of laughter while watching the movie. 
Oh... it make me miss being in the Philippines more. 

We have a lot of talented artists in the Philippines and our movies have been acknowledged abroad, some have even won awards. 

Tangkilikin ang sariling atin 
(Patronize our own)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Bing. I just watched this movie too. Just got back from the Philippines and it was one of the movies I bought for my cousin but watched it first before giving it to her. heeheehehee

    M. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ☺♥☺