Friday, August 19, 2011

Saturday blues

I miss my home in Manila especially during weekends when we go to the wet market.
I miss seeing the bright colored flowers and the beautiful flower arrangements that they make for our church.
 I miss seeing the various fruits in season neatly lined up in the stalls. 
Here are starfruit, oranges and Philippine mangoes.
I miss eating locally grown bananas that are sweeter and yummier than the ones abroad.
 I miss the scent and taste of sweet pineapple and sour green mangoes.
 I miss buying "kakanin" or sweets such as glutinous rice.
 I miss going home and pairing the glutinous rice or "suman" with sweet mangoes and hot tsokolate (local chocolate in tablet form)
And finally, I miss the vendor going around the neighborhood in their bicycle shouting and selling "taho" or soybean with caramelized sugar and tapioca.
Oh, such fond memories of being in my hometown.
For the meantime, it's cereals, fruit and yogurt for breakfast.

Happy weekend!  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by ☺♥☺